Postdoctoral Research Associate - Hospital at Home Program, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Center for Heath Equity using Machine Learning and AI (CHEMA)
Posted by Rebecca Feinstein
Postdoctoral Research Associate - Hospital at Home Program
Hiring Department: Department of Family and Community Medicine
Location: Chicago, IL USA
About the University of Illinois Chicago
UIC is among the nation’s preeminent urban public research universities, a Carnegie RU/VH research institution, and the largest university in Chicago. UIC serves over 34,000 students, comprising one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation and is designated as a Minority Serving Institution (MSI), an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). Through its 16 colleges, UIC produces nationally and internationally recognized multidisciplinary academic programs in concert with civic, corporate and community partners worldwide, including a full complement of health sciences colleges. By emphasizing cutting-edge and transformational research along with a commitment to the success of all students, UIC embodies the dynamic, vibrant and engaged urban university. Recent “Best Colleges” rankings published by U.S. News & World Report, found UIC climbed up in its rankings among top public schools in the nation and among all national universities. UIC has nearly 260,000 alumni, and is one of the largest employers in the city of Chicago.
The Department of Family and Community Medicine, through the Center for Health Equity using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (CHEMA), at the University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC) is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to serve in the role of Data Scientist for the Hospital at Home Program. This full-time position of 1-2 years offers a unique opportunity to apply machine learning and data science techniques in healthcare. As a Data Scientist for the Hospital at Home Program, you will analyze incoming patient data, drive process improvement initiatives, conduct program-wide research projects, develop program metrics dashboards, and report directly to Hospital at Home Clinical Informatics leadership located in the Department of Family and Community Medicine within the UIC College of Medicine. The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the Hospital at Home Program significantly, shaping the future of patient care and healthcare delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Analyze incoming patient data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can inform clinical decision-making and improve patient outcomes.
· Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to design and implement process improvement initiatives, leveraging data-driven methodologies.
· Lead program-wide research initiatives to enhance the Hospital at Home Program, including data analysis, hypothesis testing, and publication of findings.
· Develop interactive dashboards to track program metrics, visualize data, and provide actionable insights to stakeholders.
· Collaborate with the Hospital at Home Clinical Informatics leadership to support data-driven decision-making and provide regular reports on program performance.
· Stay updated on the latest advancements in machine learning and data science in healthcare and apply relevant methodologies and techniques to solve program-related challenges.
· Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
· Minimum Qualifications
· Ph.D. in a relevant field such as computer science, data science, statistics, or a related discipline.
· Strong background in machine learning, data analysis, and statistical modeling.
· Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, or similar data manipulation and analysis tools.
· Experience working with large healthcare datasets and familiarity with relevant privacy and security regulations.
· Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams and stakeholders.
· Communication and writing skills with success in previous academic research.
· Prior experience in a hospital-at-home program is preferred.
Please send Cover letter and CV to Jamila Saran email@example.com
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates.
Please visit to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
The university provides accommodations to applicants and employees.
Dec 31, 2023